Last Updated February 1st, 2022
Information we collect
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We may collect information directly from you when you use our Services — for example, when you register to become a member, when you request to prequalify for a third-party credit card or loan product, when you request your TransUnion credit report and/or score, when you link your third-party financial accounts, when you transfer money, or when you fill out calculators, forms or other fields on our Site. In such cases, we may ask you to provide us with one or more of the following pieces of information:
- Email address.
- Mailing address.
- Phone number.
- Date of birth.
- Social Security number.
- Your third-party financial account information, such as ID and password.
- Your financial information, such as investments, income, expenses, investable assets, investing risk tolerance or other similar types of information.
- Age, gender, or other similar demographic information when such information is relevant to a particular financial product or service you have requested (for example, when requesting auto insurance rates or using retirement planning calculators).
Please note: We do not store your Social Security number, nor do we store your third-party financial account ID or passwords. Instead, we securely pass this information to our third-party partners when you request Services that require us to confirm your identity, when you request to prequalify for their products, and/or to provide you with access to your financial information on our Site.
- Information Collected
When you visit the Site, use the Services, or open an email from Black Insure, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including without limitation:
- IP address or other device address or ID.
- Web browser and/or device type.
- Geolocation data, including if you use the Site on a mobile device.
- Hardware and software settings and configurations.
- Web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site.
- Pages you view on the Site.
- Your actions on the Site.
- Dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services.
When you use the Services, we may send one or more Cookies (which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device. We may use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A Session Cookie disappears after you close your browser. A Persistent Cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent Cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your Cookie settings. If you delete, or choose not to accept, Cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
We may implement third-party advertising or other content on the Site that may use clear GIFs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write Cookies to your web browser in connection with your viewing of the third-party content on the Site. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow a third party to collect information about you through their browser Cookies, even when you do not interact with the button.
A number of different targeting and advertising programs may be used on this Site, including without limitation Google Analytics. We allow third parties, including non affiliated business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, and other advertising service providers to collect information about your online activities on the Site and across your browsers and devices using cookies, web beacons, mobile advertising identifiers and other technologies. These third parties may use this information to display online advertisements across your browsers and devices, tailored to your interests and preferences. Information collected through web beacons, buttons, and similar technologies is collected directly by third parties, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. The information collected by these third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s own privacy policies. Some of these third parties are members of the Network Advertising Initiative and participate in the industry’s opt out, available at optout.aboutads.info/#!/ or at optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/.
Additionally, you may opt-out of the use of Google Analytics Cookies here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Due to differences between using websites and apps on mobile devices, you may need to take additional steps to opt out on both platforms. Many mobile devices allow you to opt out of interest-based advertising for mobile apps using the settings within the mobile app or your mobile device. For more information, please check your mobile settings. You also may uninstall our app using the standard uninstall process available on your mobile device or app marketplace. Please note that your opt-out choice will apply only to the browser and device you are using when you opt out.
How We Use Your Information
Your information is an integral part of our operations, and we use it in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business. We use the information you provide, for example:
- To provide you the Services you request and enable non-affiliated third parties to provide additional services to you.
- To operate, maintain and improve the Services and create new features and functionality.
- To understand and analyze usage trends and preferences of our users across different devices.
- For fraud detection and information security.
- We may use your e-mail address or other personal information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, (b) to address intellectual property, right of privacy or defamation issues related to content you have posted on the Services, and/or (c) to send you promotional materials, offers, and/or messages related to the Services and the activities of third parties we work with. Generally, you can opt out of receiving promotional communications, through links provided in the messages, by updating your account preferences through the Services, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com
- We may use Cookie Information and Automatically Collected Information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (b) provide customized advertisements, content, and information across your devices; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Services and third-party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- If you request access to your consumer credit reports, we may use it (1) to provide you with access to your free credit score, including periodic updates to your credit score, and (2) to make recommendations regarding financial products and services that may be of interest to you, including credit cards, personal loan, home loans and other financial products and services offered by Black Insure partners.
How We Share Your Information
Updating Your Membership Information, Canceling Your Membership, and Deactivating Your Account
- UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
- DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
- UNSUBSCRIBING FROM EMAILS
- You have the option to refuse any free consultations or offers for services provided after you submit a request to a third party through the Services.
Once you have registered for a Black Insure account, you may update or correct your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account settings through the Site.
We do not delete information about you upon deactivation of your account. Although your deactivated status is reflected promptly in our user databases, we may retain the information you submit for a variety of purposes, including legal compliance, backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (except for emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password, and other similar communications essential to your transactions through the Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of any marketing email from us. Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Services or store on the Site, and you do so at your own risk
Nevada Privacy Rights
Although we do not currently conduct sales of personal information, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us to not sell personal information we maintain about them if our practices change in the future. To exercise this right, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Nevada: Request to Opt-Out.”
California Privacy Rights
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. The information we provide and the third-party products and services featured are tailored for the United States market only. You agree that if you choose to use the Services from outside the United States, you will be transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
Black Insure reserves the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Our Contact Information